Health ministers and high-level representatives of the 53 Member States of the WHO European Region as well as partner organizations and civil society take part in the 67th session of the WHO Regional Committee for Europe in Budapest until September 14.
According to WHO, key technical health issues on this year’s agenda include:
- opportunities and challenges for 21st-century public health in implementing the Sustainable Development Goals and the Health 2020 policy framework;
- improving environment and health in the context of Health 2020 and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, with a focus on outcomes of the 6th Ministerial Conference on Environment and Health;
- working towards a sustainable health workforce in the WHO European Region through a framework for action;
- strengthening Member State collaboration on improving access to medicines in the WHO European Region;
- accelerating implementation of the International Health Regulations (2005) and strengthening laboratory capacities for better health in the WHO European Region; and
- building regional partnerships for health.
The 4-day program also includes progress reports on the implementation of the European action plan to reduce the harmful use of alcohol 2012–2020, the European food and nutrition action plan 2015–2020, and the European mental health action plan. A final report on the implementation of the International Health Regulations (2005) in the Region will also be shared.
No comment yet. Be the first!
Top 5 Articles
Articles by Date
- ►2019 (183)
- ►2018 (161)
- ►2017 (310)
- ►2016 (279)
- ►2015 (324)
- ►2014 (229)
- ►2013 (233)
- ►2012 (250)
- ►2011 (303)
- ►2010 (167)
- ►2009 (43)
- ►2008 (3)