In July 2021, the volume of sales in retail trade increased by 2.5% according to raw data and by 3.0% when adjusted for calendar effects compared to the same period of the previous year.
According to figures published by the Central Statistical Office this Friday, calendar-adjusted sales volumes rose by 3.7% in specialized and non-specialized food shops, by 2.6% in non-food retail trade and by 1.9% in automotive fuel retailing this past July compared with the same period a year earlier. In January-July 2021, the volume of sales – also according to calendar adjusted data – was 2.1% higher than in the corresponding period of the previous year.
In July 2021, compared to the same period of the previous year, adjusted for calendar effects:
– The volume of domestic retail sales increased by 3.0%.
– The volume of sales increased by 3.7% in specialized and non-specialized food retailing. The volume of sales increased by 5.0% in non-specialized food and beverages shops accounting for 74% of food retailing and by 0.5% in specialized food, beverage and tobacco stores.
– The turnover of non-food retailing increased by a total of 2.6%. Sales volumes rose by 7.1% in second-hand goods shops, by 3.3% in textiles, clothing and footwear shops, by 2.4% in pharmaceutical, medical goods and cosmetics shops, by 1.5% in non-specialized shops dealing in manufactured goods and by 0.8% in books, computer equipment and other specialized stores. Sales volumes fell by 7.6% in furniture and electrical goods stores.
– Mail order and internet retailing, which covers a wide range of goods and accounts for 8.0% of retail sales, continued to expand in volume, by 16%.
– Sales volumes in automotive fuel stations increased by 1.9%.
– Sales in motor vehicles and motor vehicle parts and accessories stores not belonging to retail data decreased by 15%.
No comment yet. Be the first!
Top 5 Articles
Articles by Date
- ►2021 (692)
- ►2020 (899)
- ►2019 (237)
- ►2018 (161)
- ►2017 (310)
- ►2016 (279)
- ►2015 (324)
- ►2014 (229)
- ►2013 (233)
- ►2012 (250)
- ►2011 (303)
- ►2010 (167)
- ►2009 (43)
- ►2008 (3)